I finally located some proper tweezers to do this project with, so here goes.
How to make earrings with origami lucky stars:
1. You need: - 2 paper stars - 2 earring hooks, 2 earring pins (these come in the little baggies you see) - tweezers/tongs with a narrow tip - long, kind of thick needle - beads (optional)
2. Use the needle to poke a hole in the stars. Wiggle it around a bit to make the hole large enough for the pins.
3. Open up the ends of the pins a little so you can slip the hooks onto them. Then close them back up. 4. Put your stars onto the pins, maybe with some beads as well. Leave about 3mm at the end. 5. Bend the ends into a small loop. Admire your new earrings!
Now I've folded a whole bunch of origami stars, and they look all pretty in a jar on my desk. But I think it's nice to do some crafty stuff with them, so today I made a bracelet.
How to make a bracelet out of paper stars:
1. You need: folded paper stars, thin elastic, a needle, and some varnish (optional).
2. Thread the needle with the elastic and start poking it through the stars. The easiest way is to first push through one of the 'dents' on the side and have the needle find its way to the point on the other side.
3. Once there are enough stars on your elastic, take the needle off, cut the other end off the spool, pull tight, and tie.
4. If you want to, you can make the stars a little more resistant to being on your skin all the time by spraying some varnish on them.
I've recently tagged all posts with 'black n white' or 'full color' so you can easily find what you want. Black and white sheets are great when printed on colored paper. Full color sheets need nothing but a white sheet and a hit of the print button.
I also take requests, all you have to do is leave a comment :)